Are you preparing for a breast reduction surgery? Here are some instructions that you need to follow:
- Stop smoking and drinking(alcohol) least one month before and two weeks after the surgery. Smoking and drinking can impair wound healing, and increase the risk of infection after the surgery.
- If you are addicted to smoking and alcohol, the surgeon will perform certain tests like urine test or blood test before performing the surgery. Hence be prepared for these kinds of routine tests.
- Schedule your miscellaneous routine and dental procedures prior to your surgery. You will not be able to have these appointments for at least six months after the breast reduction surgery.
- Around 14-20 days prior to the surgery and 48 hours after the surgery – avoid taking ibuprofen, aspirin, vitamin E, fish oil or any other medication. Other products to avoid are protein supplements, fat supplements, garlic supplements, etc. These products may affect the blood in your body.
- Do not shave your chest for 3 to 4 days before the surgery.
- Please remove all body pierced ornaments.
- Start planning your recovery area and stock up on books, movies and other small tasks that you can do at home, post surgery.
- Stock your kitchen with lots of fruits, vegetables, and protein-based foods – it will help you have a healthy diet, post surgery.
- Keep drinking lots of water –at least a week prior to the surgery.
- Before going for the breast reduction surgery take a shower with a proper antibacterial soap. Make sure you cleanse your chest and underarms thoroughly. However do not apply deodorant, powder or lotion.
- Once your surgery appointment is fixed, ensure you book someone to drive you back home after the surgery.
- In addition, make sure you follow all the instructions provided by the surgeon. Following your physician’s instructions is the key to the success of your breast reduction surgery.
Breast reduction surgery is a crucial surgery; hence ensure you know all the benefits, potential complications, and what’s involved in the recovery. Be completely honest with your surgeon about your medical history and why you’re seeking a breast reduction. It will avoid any complications in the future.
The latest studies reveal that there are nearly a million cosmetic procedures performed every year. According to research, there were more than 17 million (approx) cosmetic procedures performed every year across the globe, a number that has risen steadily over the past five years. Of the nearly 17 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed annually, the top 5 surgeries are:
- Breast cosmetic surgery
- Liposuction surgery
- Nose reshaping/ Rhinoplasty surgery
- Body contouring
- Eyelid surgery
Breast reductions, nose reshaping, and liposuction surgery for weight loss are consistently reported as one of the highest patient satisfaction procedures because it positively affects a person’s life. It addresses both functional and aesthetic concerns. Moreover, with the influence of social media, television, and other forms of media, people are increasingly becoming aware of body contouring, eyelid surgery, and other miscellaneous cosmetic surgeries.
Today plastic surgery is becoming more common and accepted in men as well. Studies show that most men undergo procedures to tighten and tone problem areas, like breasts. This gynecomastia surgery or breast reduction surgery is often done in younger men who face genetic challenges with the size and shape of their breasts.
The business of looking good is a big one. Cosmetic surgeries are not very expensive as many would have thought it to be. Price range varies and many procedure can be done in a smaller setup, therefore, passing on the cost benefit to patient requesting for best cosmetic surgery. As they are not covered by insurance, patients have to pay upfront and this at times is a deterance . No definitive figures are available on the number of cosmetic surgery hospitals in India. However studies say that the cosmetic market in India is estimated to increase further in the next 5 years. Moreover, medical tourism will also play a critical role in the growth of this segment.
While there are many cosmetic surgery hospitals all around, Orange Tree is known to be one of the best health centres for various cosmetic surgeries. Orange Tree comprises one of the best board-certified plastic surgeons in Delhi. Top Cosmetic surgery centre should have an excellent back end support team of experienced anesthetic team and technical staffs and Orange tree is one of them . Visit https://www.orangetreehealth.com/ for more information.
If you have disproportionately large breasts that cause back pain, neck pain, or any other physical discomfort, you can consider getting a breast reduction surgery done.
Breast reduction is usually performed under general anaesthetic. In some cases, when the reduction is only small, the surgeon may opt for local anaesthetic with sedation.
A normal breast reduction surgery procedure involves:
- Initially, the surgeon makes an incision (cut) around the nipple. The incision is further continued in a straight vertical line to the breast crease. Sometimes, a further cut is made in the crease beneath the breast depending on the fat tissue in the body.
- In many cases, the nipple remains attached to its blood and nerve supply at all times. However, an extremely heavy (pendulous) breast may need a ‘free nipple graft’. The nipple is separated and reattached on the breast at a higher point.
- Excess fat, skin and glandular tissue are further removed. At times, the surgeon will use liposuction to help remove excess fat. (Occasionally, the surgeon can reduce the size of breasts by liposuction alone.)
- The surgeon will then apply deep stitches inside the breast tissue for added support.
- Lastly, skin incisions are brought together and closed.
Breast is an important organ of the body and contributes to the overall appearance of an individual. So if you are planning for a breast reconstructive surgery, ensure you choose your breast surgeon very careful.
Orange Tree Aesthetic Centre has highly qualified plastic surgeons with many years of experience. The team is committed to delivering the highest standard of breast cosmetic surgery in Delhi, Kolkata and Manipur clinics at affordable rates.
For more information visit https://www.orangetreehealth.com.
Disproportionately large breasts can cause both physical and emotional distress for patients. Patients facing this issue may experience physical discomfort due to the weight of their breasts. The weight of excess breast tissue at times restricts a patient’s ability to lead an active life. Additional problems such as skin redness and itching in the breast fold, drooping of shoulder is also very common. Along with physical ailments, some patients even suffer from significant mental health problems due to their awkward body shape.
Breast reduction surgery is done to overcome this problem. It is performed to remove some of the tissues and skin from the breasts, in order to reshape and reduce the size of the breasts. The surgery is usually performed under general anesthetic. In some cases, when the reduction is only small, the surgeon may opt for local anesthetic with sedation.
Once the breast reduction surgery is completed the new breast size should help relieve the pain and physical limitations experienced prior to breast reduction. Moreover, a better-proportioned figure helps to boost the patient’s self-confidence and morale.
The results of this procedure are permanent. However, as time passes by, the shape of the breasts can change due to aging, hormonal factors, and weight fluctuations.
Breast cosmetic surgery and breast reconstructive surgery requires a dedicated approach and high-level of expertise. Therefore, you should choose your breast surgeon very carefully. Orange Health Tree is one such center that offers breast reduction surgery in Delhi at an affordable and reasonable price. The center has the best of surgeons and takes pride in offering quality treatment along with personal care and touch.
For more information on cosmetic surgery in Delhi visit: https://www.orangetreehealth.com/
Studies show that one in five men are usually affected by gynecomastia – a condition that causes overdeveloped or enlarged male breasts. Such men who undergo gynecomastia feel some degree of body shame since they are not able to wear certain clothes, such as a slim fitted t-shirt or sports shirt.
However, male breast reduction surgery is considered to be the most effective treatment for gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts. This surgery helps remove excess fat and glandular tissue to refurbish a flatter, firmer and a more masculine shape to the chest. The results of male breast reduction surgery are long-lasting or permanent in most cases. Moreover, it aims to bring about emotional satisfaction in men apart from a distinct physical improvement.
Male Breast Reduction Procedure
Gynecomastia surgery is a one-time treatment and needs around two-three hours only. The procedure can be either done under local anesthesia or general anesthesia depending on the grade of breast enlargement. One needs to stay in the clinic three-four hours and after the surgery. In fact, the patient can be discharged from the hospital on the same day evening.
Post Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Following the breast reduction surgery you have to follow the instructions as suggested by your surgeon to gain a healthy speedy recovery and to avoid complications. You need to schedule time off work and take care of your diet, clothes, medication, etc. you also need to wear compression garments that give you the best gynecomastia surgery result
During the entire recovery period, you will need to maintain a healthy and hygienic lifestyle. The initial bruising, irregularity and paraesthesia improves in a months time.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery Cost
Male breast reduction costs can widely vary. The surgeon’s fee will be based on his or her experience, the type of procedure used and the geographic office location. Which means the male breast reduction surgery cost in Delhi will be different from that in Mumbai or any city.
Orange Tree Health is one such a renowned Plastic Surgery Clinic in Delhi, that performs male breast reduction surgery at a reasonable cost. For more information on Orange Tree Health and its male breast reduction surgery cost in Delhi visit: https://www.orangetreehealth.com/