If you have disproportionately large breasts that cause back pain, neck pain, or any other physical discomfort, you can consider getting a breast reduction surgery done.
Breast reduction is usually performed under general anaesthetic. In some cases, when the reduction is only small, the surgeon may opt for local anaesthetic with sedation.
A normal breast reduction surgery procedure involves:
- Initially, the surgeon makes an incision (cut) around the nipple. The incision is further continued in a straight vertical line to the breast crease. Sometimes, a further cut is made in the crease beneath the breast depending on the fat tissue in the body.
- In many cases, the nipple remains attached to its blood and nerve supply at all times. However, an extremely heavy (pendulous) breast may need a ‘free nipple graft’. The nipple is separated and reattached on the breast at a higher point.
- Excess fat, skin and glandular tissue are further removed. At times, the surgeon will use liposuction to help remove excess fat. (Occasionally, the surgeon can reduce the size of breasts by liposuction alone.)
- The surgeon will then apply deep stitches inside the breast tissue for added support.
- Lastly, skin incisions are brought together and closed.
Breast is an important organ of the body and contributes to the overall appearance of an individual. So if you are planning for a breast reconstructive surgery, ensure you choose your breast surgeon very careful.
Orange Tree Aesthetic Centre has highly qualified plastic surgeons with many years of experience. The team is committed to delivering the highest standard of breast cosmetic surgery in Delhi, Kolkata and Manipur clinics at affordable rates.
For more information visit https://www.orangetreehealth.com.