BOTOX – THE REVOLUTIONARY TREATMENT
It was back in the 1970s when the scientists and doctors started administering the use of Botox to treat crossed eye condition and later graduated to treated wrinkles and fine lines. This most certainly brought about a revolutionary age-defying treatment known to humans. Botox is a form of neurotoxin protein produced by bacterium Clostridium botulinum and its other related species. This substance produced is called botox, and is highly useful and popular in treating several age-related facial conditions. It is a regulated substance which is also used in a very controlled manner by the aestheticians or doctors to treat health problems.
Botox acts directly by restricting any signals from the nerves to the muscles in the area it is injected. By freezing the muscular movements, this further causes mild stiffness leading to lesser or no wrinkles or wrinkles shallower than usual. There is also a noticeable difference in the occurrence of fine lines, as these are reduced drastically or next to no defined fine lines are spotted on the face. Once you’ve had your shot of botox, it is an unmissable and a frequent regime, as it starts to fade out. The results last longer and as it starts to dissolve, it requires a refill.
WHO CAN GET THE BOTOX TREATMENT?
Botox is popularly used by both men and women across the globe. Some of the common uses of botox are:
- To treat smile crease or frown lines
- Treatment of wrinkles and fine lines
- Crows feet and eye wrinkles
- Fine lines or defined lines around the mouth region
- Sagging or drooping cheeks
- The skin on and around the chin area
Doctor’s across the globe have also used Botox to treat various other conditions such as:
- Forms of eczema
- Raynaud Syndrome
- Vulvodynia etc.
PROCEDURE & SIDE-EFFCETS
- Your doctor will analyse the affected area or the area of treatment.
- The botox injection is directly administered into the neuromuscular tissue by diluting the powder in the saline.
- Post the injection is injected, it takes up to 24-72 hours to show its effects. In rare cases, it may take up to a week to show results.
- Depending on the treatment, one session of Botox procedure can last for anywhere between 3 months to a year.
- Patients just delivered or lactating or pregnant, must avoid taking botox treatments.
Most of the patients do not have any side-effects, but in rare cases, there are a few milder effects post-treatment.
- Patients may have mild swelling or numbness and even bruising around the treated area, for which the doctor will prescribe medication
- Headaches, mild flu-like symptoms or even in fewer cases, stomach upset is noticed. In such cases, consult your doctor without delays.
- Temporary weakness or stiffness is a general side-effect which fades out in a few days.
- Any form of allergy or itching witnessed by the patient must be informed to the doctor immediately.
Orange Tree Aesthetic & Hair Restoration Center has one of the best cosmetic surgeons in the Delhi-NCR region. With the years of expertise, our doctor and an expert in the beauty and cosmetic industry – Dr Sajal Halder has successfully treated thousands of patients with Botox procedure. Our state-of-the-art technology infrastructure is the best fit for all types of cosmetic surgeries, procedures, treatments and so on.