Some boys and men develop enlarged breast tissue. It’s called gynecomastia. These abnormally large breasts are caused by natural changes in estrogen (a “female hormone” that men also have) and testosterone. This excess fat in the breast can be very hard to shift, even if a weight loss plan has worked for the rest of the body, resulting in ‘man boobs’ that can cause embarrassment in the person.
In most individuals the exact cause isn’t known, however, we have tried to list down a few things that can cause this deformity:
- Obesity, which can result in more estrogen
- Thyroid problems, since hormones from that gland control growth and sexual development
- Medications for various illnesses, including epilepsy, heart disease, cancer, depression, or ulcers
- Illegal drugs, including anabolic steroids, marijuana, and heroin
- Injury or diseases that affect the testicles, which make testosterone
- Some cancers, including tumors of the lungs, pituitary gland or adrenal glands
- Kidney failure or liver disease etc.
Gynecomastia occurs naturally at different times in a male’s life. Although this abnormality is normal and un-harmful, it can be treated easily. Gynecomastia surgery, also known as male breast reduction surgery, is the medical correction of overdeveloped or enlarged breasts in men. The procedure involves the removal of fat and/or glandular tissue from the breasts, and if necessary, excess skin. The result is a flatter, firmer chest consistent with masculine body contour. As with this cosmetic surgery procedure, healing and final results vary from individual to individual. The patients can return back to work after a week or two depending on the doctor’s advice.
There are many cosmetic surgery hospitals in Delhi and India that perform male breast reduction surgery. Orange Tree is one of the few health center that performs gynecomastia surgery with excellent result at an affordable cost. A smooth chest contour, invisible small scar and quick recovery are the unique post gynecomastia surgery benefits at Orange Tree clinic. For more information you can contact the center. Visit the website for details: https://www.orangetreehealth.com/