WHAT IS THREAD LIFT?
Thread Lift is a new age procedure to quickly achieve a subtle yet visible lift in the facial skin while leaving the skin feel tighter, firmer and youthful. The procedure gained fame due to its quick treatment time and lasting results. It is often known as the lunch-time face-lift procedure. It involves temporary sutures or stitches which are of PDO threads, around the loose skin or the area of treatment to bring about an instant and desired lift in the skin.
PROCEDURE OF A THREAD LIFT SESSION
- This procedure is simpler than the traditional method of surgically removing the loose skin from the patient’s face or affected area.
- This procedure must be conducted by well experienced and the best cosmetic surgeon in your city.
- It is simply performed by analysing your facial structure and then marking the region to perform the procedure.
- Once your doctor is ready, he will start the procedure with a mild dosage of anaesthesia
WHO CAN GET THREAD LIFT TREATMENT?
People with the following issues can get a thread lift done:
- Sagging eyebrows
- Dropping cheeks
- Deep smile crease
- Sagging skin under the chin and jaw area
CARE BEFORE TREATMENT
- The best way ahead is to consult your doctor and determine the feasibility of the procedure on your skin type or facial structure or other factors.
- It is best advised to know why you want to have the treatment.
- Doctors generally advise the patients to stop the intake of alcohol and stop smoking at least a week prior as it dehydrates the skin.
- All drugs with aspirin base must be avoided.
- Any form of blood-thinning products/drugs must be avoided.
CARE AFTER TREATMENT
- There can be an instance of feeling nauseatic post-treatment due to administering anaesthesia into the treated area or due to the entire process of the procedure.
- The patient is advised to keep sipping on some water or other clear liquids till the nausea feeling is subsided and to also help keep the skin hydrated.
- If in case of any swelling or bruising, the patients are advised to gently rub the affected area with an ice-cube for some time. This can be repeated multiple times in a day for up to 5-7 days.
- No shower for a minimum of 12-24 hours is advised. No touching the face or washing your face for up to 2-3 weeks. Using a soft wipe or wash-cloth is suggested to wipe the face.
- Facial creams, make-up and other chemical-based products or harsh facewashes etc must be avoided for a minimum of 5-7 days or until your doctor gives a go-ahead.
- Restrict any facial movements for 24-48 hours. Do not use a straw for sipping on liquids. No chewing gums.
- Keeping your head elevated for the initial 5-7 days is highly suggested and this will help in the healing process.
- Eating soft food and loads of water or any clear liquids for 5-7 days is suggested.
- Avoid heavy exercises or any kind of exertion which may pull the face downward, for 2-3 weeks.
- No facial massage for a minimum of 3 weeks is advised.
Orange Tree Aesthetic & Hair Restoration Center has the best cosmetologist and well-experienced plastic surgeon, who is a seasoned professional in the industry. With our state-of-the-art technology and hi-tech facility, we have performed hundreds of successful cosmetic surgeries and procedures. We have an award-winning team of professionals who are renowned for their artistic work in the industry.