WHAT IS MICRODERMABRASION?
One of the most popular procedures in the beauty & skincare market is Microdermabrasion. This is a winner amongst the winners! This is one of its kind, an absolute non-invasive procedure or in few cases, it is a very minimally invasive procedure which is used extensively to revive, regenerate and renew the overall skin texture and the skin tone. There is an umpteen number of advantages of this one procedure. Does it hurt? Before & After Procedure? How many sessions needed? Who all can get this procedure done? These are some of the “pre-procedure” questions, asked frequently. So, let’s get on to it one by one!
HOW IS MICRODERMABRASION PROCEDURE DONE?
- In this procedure, your doctor will first have an in-depth study and analysis of your skin type to recognize if any underlying or pre-existing skin issues.
- You will be suggested to discuss any past cosmetic procedures done.
- Once your skin type and all other related issues are determined, your doctor will ready you for the treatment.
- There are fine crystals which are either rubbed or sprayed on your facial skin.
- These crystals are gently rubbed further to exfoliate the surface of your facial skin.
- This movement of exfoliation helps in removing the top-most layer of your skin to reveal a more baby-like, younger, youthful and supple skin underneath.
- This procedure takes 30 – 60 minutes depending on the area to be treated; and it is a no-pain procedure (unless you are highly sensitive, and in that case, your doctor will do the needful by applying anaesthesia or numbing agent).
- Post-procedure, your doctor will apply a generous amount of moisturizer or sunscreen to help prevent any sun damage and keep the skin supple, moist and hydrated.
- To derive maximum benefits from the procedure, the patients are normally called for anywhere between 4 – 10 or more sittings.
- These sessions can be done weekly or monthly; yet again depending upon the patient’s skin type, skin issues targeted and the area of treatment.
WHO CAN GET MICRODERMABRASION TREATMENT?
People with the following concerns and conditions can get the microdermabrasion procedure:
- Ageing skin
- Dull and dehydrated skin texture
- Fine lines, wrinkles, skin creases, stretch marks
- Blackheads and pores
- Scars and acne marks
- To improve the complexion of the face and neck
- Uneven skin tone and skin texture
- Dark spots and pigmentation
- Melasma or patchy skin
- Sun-damaged skin
DO’S & DON’T’S BEFORE AND AFTER THE PROCEDURE
- Patients are advised to restrict or limit sun exposure before and after the procedure.
- Stay hydrated all the times. Drink plenty of water, liquids and fluids.
- Stop using any form of exfoliation products on the skin at least a week prior and until 2 weeks after. Or as suggested by your doctor.
- Chemical-based, harsh skin products must be avoided for a week or two, before and after the procedure.
- Stop using tanning creams and no waxing or threading for 1 week before and after the procedure.
- No make-up and face masks for up to 3-4 days before and after. Or as suggested by your doctor.
Orange Tree Aesthetic & Hair Restoration Center has one of the best cosmetologists in Delhi-NCR region. We have the best facility for all cosmetic procedures and have several satisfied clients from across the nation. Our in-house facility consists of highly advanced and state-of-the-art technology, with the best team of professionals in the industry.