WHAT IS MESOTHERAPY?
Mesotherapy is a non-surgical and a non-invasive technique which administers the use of medicinal injections of varied preparations to treat certain conditions. These preparations may vary from homeopathic and pharmaceutical or ones based on vitamins, plant extracts, proteins and other ingredients. These injections are administered into the fat cells under the skin also known as subcutaneous fat. These injections target the cells which deposit fat and further leads to breaking down these fat cells whilst rupturing them and eventually causing cell death in the fat connective tissues.
WHAT IS MESOTHERAPY FOR HAIR?
Mesotherapy for hair is mostly used in the cases of extreme hair loss or conditions/diseases associated with hair loss. Mesotherapy for hair is also known as mesohair or mesoplasty. In this procedure, there are micro-injections with a certain medicinal concoction which is administered directly into the scalp of the patient or the affected region on the scalp. The injected medicines then act on various layers of the skin, the dermal connective tissues, blood circulation and neurosensory & immune system.
HOW DOES THIS TECHNIQUE HELP IN HAIR LOSS?
- Through this technique and above-mentioned procedure, there is improvement noticed in conditions such as alopecia and its various forms like alopecia areata, stress alopecia, androgenetic alopecia and telogen effluvium.
- This technique also helps in healing the scanty hair issues among men and women, by rejuvenating the hair follicles, increasing the density of the hair, making them thicker, fuller, stronger and healthier.
- It also helps in regulating the nutrients, vitamins and proteins into the hair by restoring the microcirculation in the scalp.
- Mesotherapy for hair helps in providing complete nourishment and moisture to the scalp.
- It helps in accelerating the cell metabolic rate, increases the blood circulation in the scalp region whilst preventing any infections and eventually boosting hair regrowth.
- Last but not the least, this procedure helps in stabilizing the hormones by reducing the DHT hormone activity leading to new hair strands formation.
DIFFERENT MESOTHERAPY PROCEDURES
CHEMICAL MESOTHERAPY – In this procedure, a concoction of chemical base drugs are used to inject into the scalp or the mesoderma layer, which further helps in improving the blood circulation and stimulates the hair follicles to grow. This also reduces any form of hormonal imbalances such as the DHT hormone levels are regulated, reduces inflammation and promotes collagen production too.
MECHANICAL MESOTHERAPY – In this procedure, your doctor creates micro-perforations on your scalp or the affected region which in return triggers the production of elastin and collagen. This process helps in forming new hair tissues and new hair grows back.
WHO SHOULD NOT GO FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Patients suffering from diabetes or any form of heart and liver conditions must avoid this treatment.
- People allergic to substances or ingredients used in the concoctions or preparations of mesotherapy injections must avoid the treatment.
- Women who are pregnant or have recently delivered or are lactating must avoid this treatment.
- People on prescribed blood thinners or any form anticoagulation drugs must completely avoid this treatment.
- Avoid the treatment in case of any infection, active or unhealed scar, lesion etc in the target area.
POST PROCEDURE CARE
- Post-procedure, do not wash hair for at least 24 – 48 hours or as advised by your doctor.
- Avoid hot baths for at least 2 to 4 days.
- If any allergic reaction, inflammation or itching contact your doctor.
- Patients have advised a healthy and balanced diet.
- No junk food, oily food or food with high sugar or cholesterol levels.
Regular flushing of toxins with a moderate exercise regime.