DERMAL FILLERS – REPAIR YOUR SKIN
Dermal Filler functions quite similar to botox, but the two are completely different from one another and are used for different purposes too. Dermal Fillers are made of hyaluronic acid and other similar substances. These fillers are administered into the determined area of treatment using injections. This is a minimally invasive procedure which does not call for surgery. These fillers are used to treat deep or defined creases/lines around the face or neck region such as the deep smile lines, frown lines, wrinkles, scars etc.
Dermal fillers contain many ingredients which are used to give plumper and fuller look to the target areas which may have gone dull and thin-skinned over the period. These areas could be around the eyes, cheeks, chin, mouth, nose, lips tec.
WHAT DOES A DERMAL FILLER INJECTION CONTAIN?
There are various ingredients used in the fillers for different cosmetic issues and skin types. Some of the ingredients are listed below are to treat specific conditions.
- Hyaluronic acid is used to add that extra bounce to the skin and make it look plump.
- Polylactic acid is used to produce collagen.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate which is used to as a semi-permanent filler
- Polyalkylimide and Calcium hydroxylapatite are two other ingredients used to which is compatible with the human body and is mineral-like and gel-like compound
These injections, when used as a treatment, can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
USES OF DERMAL FILLERS
Dermal Fillers can be used for the following conditions:
- Add bounce to the skin
- For smoother skin
- Achieve plumper and fuller-looking lips
- Reducing wrinkles under the eyes and around the eyes
- Deep lines around the mouth, lips, eyes, nose, chin
- Filling in the scars
- Enhancing the shallow areas of the face
- Reducing the static wrinkles and fine lines
There are very few cases of side-effects witnessed post-procedure. But in cases of few reported, they are listed below.
- Itching, swelling, bruising around the injected areas are common
- Skin rashes, redness, inflammation
- Few patients can feel the fillers under their skin, which is because it takes a little while for the fillers to settle.
- In cases of any infections or wounds, the patient is advised to contact his doctor immediately
- There are times when the results soon after the treatment seems undesirable. In such cases, speak to your doctor, as dermal fillers may take up to a few days to a week to settle down and show the desired results.
Always remember to consult a qualified cosmetologist or a cosmetic surgeon for better results. At Orange Tree Aesthetic & Hair Restoration Center, we have highly experienced and well-trained staff to carry out all the cosmetic and related procedures. Our facility is one of the best in the country with state-of-the-art technology and high-end machines and pieces of equipment.